1/12/18: Tax Season 1



Fun Trivia!

I use to work with an accountant.  I did alittle of eeevvveeerrryyytttthhhiiinnngg... I did payroll, copied tax returns, answered phones, dealt with clients (giving return, taking info, explaining why they had to pay taxes... No really, we had many people just assume that they were special and wouldn't have to pay because they knew someone who didn't have to pay...They make over 100k a year, had no taxes with held all yeeaarrr long... Well no fricking shit you owe close to 20 grand, you had no deductions and you have late fees for not paying in so much a quarter.  That isn't my fault -.-  No, no... This was a REAL conversation...If their "Friend" made near what they did and got a refund without paying in taxes then I can promise they probably weren't doing crap legally but that wasn't my rump on the line.)


Hah, but if your in the US then you know tax season sucks for you.  But be nice to the preparers, especially the underlings.  We take enough shit from the other thousand people.  You are not the only client.  And we can be vindictive... Treat us nicely, ask politely, say things like have a good day... Because if we snap, we have your personal info... Its illegal to give that out... But proving who did it aint too easy either.. -.- I never did it, but I had a handful of people that I was tempted to because of how rude they were.


May your taxes be low and your refund high this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment